Sunday, September 18, 2011

How many days left?

It seems like time is quickly running out to get ready for this. Tri State Tough Mudder is less than 2 months away, and then it will be GORUCK time before we know it.
Luckily, I've been able to cross the 4 mile threshold while wearing the 20lb pack. Plus I've started carrying 2.5 lb dumbbells in each arm while running. The weight seems insignificant for the first two miles, but after that it starts to feel like 25 lbs in each arm.
Thanks for the advice about the lunges and burpees. I'd been doing squats but my legs need all the work they can get. It was funny you mentioned burpees...the following day the Washington Post ran an article about them, and how they were once considered the ideal workout and are starting to make a comeback.
I'm a little jealous that you have access to equipment to help your workout at your place of work. I can't say I have access to anything quite like that at the Census. Unless of course I decide to start beating the shit out of a printer with a sledgehammer (Office Space style).

No comments:

Post a Comment