Monday, April 2, 2012

Time to Step it Up





If you're a dedicated reader (which we obviously have hundreds of here), you'll notice that the list of Upcoming Events has recently expanded rather significantly. After Tom convinced me to sign up for GORUCK in D.C. last December, I pretty much fell in love with doing crazy stuff like this. I'm not doing it to get in shape; rather, it's my motivation to get myself fit and healthy and stay that way.

That being said, one of the biggest events on the list is the GORUCK Selection coming up just before New Year's. This is GORUCK Challenge to the extreme; it is essentially going to be a 48-hour Special Forces training course (think Hell Week). It's not going to be easy; in fact, I have serious doubts about whether I'll be able to hack it. Unlike the Challenge, which is like 98% mental, this one is actually going to require quite a lot of physical strength and stamina in addition to the always required mental toughness. I've stepped up my training accordingly, but I still don't know how things will be looking 9 months from now. All I know is that I don't plan to slack at all between now and then, and no matter what happens, I'll be giving 110% over those 48 hours to get myself and my fellow participants through it together.

Now if only I could convince Tom to sign up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment