Sunday, August 21, 2011

Do or do not, there is no try



Yes, I just quoted Yoda in the title of this post. I'll get to that in a minute. Thank you Jon for starting this blog, I figure it can be a way to get advice, encouragement, or criticism if you so choose.

Anyway, while I've been training for Tough Mudder for about 2 months now, when I came across the GORUCK challenge I knew we had to do it. I started training today, after going to home depot, and purchasing 4 bricks and duct tape (the woman who helped me looked confused as to why I needed those two things). You'll notice the finished product in the photo.

Getting back to the title of this post, I've named my creation of bricks 'Yoda' since as I'm training I can't help but picture that scene in 'Empire Strikes Back' where Luke is training with Yoda in his backpack. I managed to get 3 very slow miles in today and my back and legs are already mad at me. Seems like I have a long way to go.

Schedule of Events (not sure of specific dates right now)

November: Tri-State Tough Mudder, Oakridge (TN) half marathon (possibly)

December: GORUCK, DC

May: VT Tough Mudder and DC Tough Mudder

Feel free to suggest any other events!


No comments:

Post a Comment