Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Schedule of Events

It all started when Tom told me about this thing called "Tough Mudder." I'd never heard of it, but it sounded similar to activities some of my other friends have done, like the Warrior Dash and things of that sort. It sounded similar until I looked it up, that is. From what I can gather, it's a 10(ish)-mile hellish journey through water, mud, and fire, all while climbing over, under, and through various obstacles. They make it pretty clear that it's not about winning, though--it's about finishing. Kind of like the next thing he talked me into just this past weekend: the GORUCK Challenge. Another hellish event designed to test mental and physical stamina, and to build teamwork and camaraderie.  All in all, I'm incredibly excited for these happenings, as well as a couple other things I'll be doing locally. Stay tuned for training updates and please feel free to share your training tips and experience as well!

November 13, 2011: Citizen's Bank Newport Pell Bridge Run, Newport, RI
December 10, 2011: GORUCK Challenge, Washington, D.C.
February 25, 2012: Fight For Air Stair Climb, Providence, RI
May 5, 2012: Tough Mudder New England, Mount Snow, VT

No comments:

Post a Comment